Creative Geforce Works now

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]

Posted by griff on April 06, 19100 at 11:02:03:

For people who were in the same boat as me... Heres how I got my Creative GEFORCE card to play FAST!!! I have a PII400 and originally (with the propour creative drivers) NFS PU crashed my machine on starting a race.

I first installed the nvadia drivers off the CD (it was a little tricky to stop my machine autodetecting and re-installing the original drivers... but it worked in the end). The result was good because I could then play NFS, but the frame rates were so poor that I could only play it reasonably at 640x480 with everything set to low! *gulp*.

I then searched using altavista for 'nvidia geforce detonator 5 drivers' and found this site (3rd in list).

I downloaded the drivers, installed them as it instructed and pow! I am now running NFS at 1024x768x16 with ALL settings at max with a really decent frame rate!

My only word of warning is that these drivers are beta, and therefore are not garenteed to work!!! I just had to take the risk *grin*... do you blame me?

Good luck :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]