Re: I meant can't beat Frank and some other guy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]

Posted by ILYA on April 06, 19100 at 21:37:52:

In Reply to: Re: I meant can't beat Frank and some other guy posted by dohcan on April 06, 19100 at 13:19:22:

: Use a manual transmission to get that edge you need to get ahead early, like Lonewolf is talking about. He's right, once you get ahead, it's not too hard to stay ahead, granted you don't crash or such.

: I admit, though, this race was pretty tough if you use an automatic transmission. I, personally, think it was the hardest race in the Factory Driver mode. Stephanie (final race) was a push-over compared to this one.
Yes, indeed, for those of us with poor manual transmission coordiantion :-), it's difficult, but can be done, I managed to make it in 2.58 with Billy less than a second behind.

: Don't take that "jiffy left" at the end. You will definately lose if you do that.
And for some reason the AI isn't affected by this jiffy, how unfair is that? :-)

: : It can be tough but I hope this helps. I've noticed one common thing in the AI of all NFS games... the computer is great at leading but sucks in passing. Be aggressive in the first few turns, because if you lead from the beginning, you'll slow everyone else down.
I've never been able to get into the lead early in this challenge, but I've also noticed that the
Karl and Billy tend to use the brakes a lot on turns that don't really need them
(you can get away with letting the gas pedal up for a split second), and they also tend to
wipe out (or really slow down) on the really sharp turns where it's possible to overtake them.

One other method early on is to follow Karl and Billy as close as possible the path they take and
when you can, cut some corners here and there and eventually you can catch up and overtake them.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]