Re: 360 on the skidpad?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]

Posted by ilya on April 07, 19100 at 17:13:28:

In Reply to: Re: 360 on the skidpad? posted by Tejay on April 07, 19100 at 16:50:40:

: I am having the same problems. Some cars spin great, some don't.
: If anyone found the best routine for consistant 360's in the cones, PLEASE POST IT

: Thanks

:
: : How you are supposed to do this? I think I`m doing it right, but the clock just wont`t stop. Should I use handbrake or not?
: : Could someone give me a hint. Thanks.

Here's the basic two step 360 (with some good hand-eye coordination :-):
- Right past the first pair of cones use the hand brake (let go of the gas) and turn the wheels
all the way in the direction of the arrow.
- About the time you're facing 180 turn let go of the hand brake and turn the wheels
all the way in the opposite direction, finish the next 180 (with the car's momentum)
and hit the gas.

A few things to keep in mind :
- This method works for most of the cars, but the timings for each may be slightly different
due to suspensions, turning radii, etc.
- Make sure you spin in the directions of the arrows (most of the time it's to the right)
- The complete 360 must happen within the cone pairs.
- If you did it right, you should hear a chime and the arrows should disappear (in your
rear-view mirro), otherwise the clock will keep going until you get it right
(which may be too late :-)
- A hint: Using the outside car camera view helps to see where your car is within the cones

Obviously this will take a little practice to get consistent. You can also try to go a little slower
at first until you get the hang of it.

Hope this helps

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]