Win2k & Mem Usage

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]

Posted by Conducen on April 11, 19100 at 17:04:18:

Aight, here's the problem: a friend and I have near identical systems. Ok, I'll admit that we've both got the warez edition on iso. We're both running win2k, he's running prof, and I'm running server. Game runs great on his system, but mine locks up at the loading screen, right after the first two videos. I can alt-tab back into windows, after waiting a few minutes for the desktop to show, and I've checked memory usage. I'M TALKING 700 MEG OF RAM BEING USED. This is insane. I've tried about 5 different versions of video drivers, the only real difference between our systems being he's got a viper v770 ultra, and me a non-ultra. But here's my dilema. I would happily go out and buy the game if I could assure that the retail version would work. I've tried the demo, and it runs great on my system. I've got both the demo and the warez version installed, and only the demo works. No probs w/ it at all. Any suggestions?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]