Re: NFS5 in Geforce Hell

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]

Posted by roylandS on May 11, 19100 at 20:06:25:

In Reply to: Re: NFS5 in Geforce Hell posted by rule on May 11, 19100 at 15:09:54:

Hmmm...I believe video is set for 4X AGP and I y to follow some very extensive instructions on uninstalling old drivers. As for the game recognizing the card, I really dont know how I'd figure that out (I know just enough computerese to be dangerous). One curios thing that I did notice after posting the orig comment - upon checking Direct X diagnostics, I noted that running the "D3D test" sequence with the rotating cube works perfectly on "software rendering" but that same choppy, broken picture with flickering colors through "hardware rendering". Does THAT sound familiar to anyone out there. Does that indicate a bad card or some sort of driver conflict?
: Well, I can only pass on my experience: I have a 700mhz Athlon with VIA NC610 bios, Nvidia 5.14 drivers on a GeForce DDR. This setup is working fine for me, i dont know the frame rate exactly, but it's smooth with all the goodies turned on. When I bought the game it would not run at all- I had to update the bios and video drivers to make it run.
: Is your bios set to 2x AGP? Is APG your primary video? Are all the old video drivers uninstalled? Does the game recognize the video card as the primary display?
: I know this is not much help, but I just wanted to point out that I expect it's something small, and your hardware should be plenty to run the game. Hopefully someone will have some more specific info on your setup.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]