Re: cannot locate cd

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]

Posted by Rain on June 05, 19100 at 21:34:17:

In Reply to: Re: cannot locate cd posted by swank on June 01, 19100 at 17:21:56:

: : heh... I reinstalled the game bout 5 times now :)

: :
: : : I also have a harddrive C and D and my 40X cd-players E and it is installed on the C drive and the CD is in the E drive and it works, (try re-installing)

: I have a similar setup, here's my fix:

: go to www.gamecopyworld.com and d/l the no cd patch, then you never need the cd to play.

: problems arise when you install official patches and new cars, but just make a backup of the main exe.

: works for me.

I've done that, but what I really want to do is to play IP to IP with a friend. I'm not sure if it's the
no cd patch, but I'm not able to update the game. Also I'm not sure if not being able to update
the game is the reason why I can't play IP to IP. So what I really want to do is make it recognize
the damn cd and see if the updater works when it recognizes the cd, because right now it's
saying that the updater is corrupt please reinstall the game. And I've reinstalled the game I don't
remember how many times now, updater is still corrupt and I still can't play IP to IP.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]