Re: Are the physics REAL in NFS5?!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]

Posted by Pauly on June 14, 19100 at 22:24:46:

In Reply to: Re: Are the physics REAL in NFS5?! posted by Polish Prodigy on June 14, 19100 at 17:34:39:

: well in response to your msg..
: i only know the answear to the first question.
: the porsches are rear engine vehicles which makes the vehicles heavier at the rear...

You can say that generally, early Porsches like the 60's, 70's, 80's like the 911's and 356's are rear-engine and suffer from higher weight inertia to the rear of the car.

This is not as big of deal with the 90's rear engine Porsches since center of gravity, weight distribution and a combination of active suspension systems have all but eliminated the tail happy attitude of early "rear-engine" Porsches. Just try getting that 99 911 to do the 360 and you'll see what I mean.

But you leave out quite a few models which are not rear engine at all. The 914, although underpowered generally was mid-engine, the most stable design of all, the little 924 was also underpowered but was front-engine, the 944 all versions of course were front engine, the 968 replacement to the 944's was also front engine.

Most people seem to forget that 350Hp beast, the 928, a front engine V8. I should know, I own one. I take great pleasure in surprising Porsche ignorant people who like to challenge me because, rarely do they even know, what hides under my hood.

: but thats why porsches are such awsome race cars, it takes a real driver that knows how to drive, and control a car at high speeds, especially the porsches which have plenty of power under their trunk.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]