Re: CAR SETUP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]

Posted by Kirk on June 21, 19100 at 15:33:35:

In Reply to: CAR SETUP posted by Bob on April 30, 19100 at 17:27:09:

well, it gives descriptions of all of these in the manual...=) (that is of course, if you own the manual...hehe).

heres a quick thing.
shocks stiffness> set it higher for less roll in turns, but if you're on rough terrain you will lose traction/control easier
travel hight - this is how high off the ground your car is, lower is faster, might bottom out on rough terrain.
toe in> set it higher if you want your car to go tighter into a turn and grip it more. the higher you go the more chance your ass end has of sliding out under you (i havn't screwed around much with this setting, i'll test it all tonight).
braking front/rear - in a rear-mounted engine car (911's) this is an important setup tweak. sliding the slider more to the rear will put weight in the rear end during braking/slowing down. i find that setting it slightly back on the 911's is good.
downforce front/rear - this is how much air force is pushing down on your car.in a really fast car you want more downforce (to keep it on the ground =) and give it traction.the more force you put on it = the less top end speed you will have. (but you'll still be plenty fast).

hope that helps a bit. tweak and test. =)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]