Re: Favorite Ride so far?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]

Posted by Grayeagle on June 23, 19100 at 14:57:50:

In Reply to: Favorite Ride so far? posted by Kirk on June 21, 19100 at 14:14:04:

I too am smashing up Porsche's in Evolution mode.. it's 1978 and the 930 Turbo is truly a challenge. I am using near max suspension travel, a bit less than half for stiffness..and fairly low ride height. Downforce is at 60 front, 50 rear, with tire pressure bumped up to 35.

I crested a hill at 150mph (not kmh) and got substantial 'air' ..clipped a road sign with my left front fender, the car began a slow yaw left..
..just as it got 90 degrees to my direction of flight I hit the front of an oncoming truck.. *then* hit the ground -grin-
.. I truly killed that Porsche.

The good news is.. you can do this in 'test drive' while in the garage.. and it doesn't carry over damage to your car when you leave 'setup' .. so you can really let your hair down and have fun with a new car and try setups till they work best for you.

-GE

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]