Re: Setup of car

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]

Posted by PolishProdigy on July 06, 19100 at 14:27:36:

In Reply to: Setup of car posted by DepCat on July 01, 19100 at 15:34:05:

DC.

Gear ratios:
if you make the gear ratios, short then your car will accelerate faster, at the loss of top end speed
if you get long gear, you will loose time on accleration, but you will gain top speed,,
in other words, on tracks wich don't have long straight aways, and have many tight turns, where you need to slow down and then accelerate use short gear ratios.. when you use long gear ratio use em on tracks that have long straight aways,,

the front wheels do 75% of the breaking in a normal car, since the mass of the car is being moved forward while stoping,
but i beleive that in the game if you set up for the rear to have more breaks that you can finshtail and slide around corners easier, by locking up the rear wheels,,,
if you add the breaks to the front wheel, although i am not certain, but i beleive it might give you a bit more stoping power but the car might under stear while breaking into a corner,,,

hope that helped you out,,

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]