NFS PU - GeForce solutions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]

Posted by BigDaddy on March 24, 19100 at 18:52:10:

Two of the problems I had with NFS PU and Creative GeForce Annihilator.

Symptom1:
Menus in game are fine but when you click race the game crashes either back to windows or locks.

Issue:
Appears to be related to the 368 drivers (especially the Nvidia ref drivers)

Solution:
Go to the GeForce FAQ ( http://web.ukonline.co.uk/christopher.hill/faq.html )and follow steps to uninstall the Creative drivers. Then install the Nvidia 377 ref drivers (These are included on the NFS PU cd)

Symptom2:
After installing the Nvidia 377 reference driver the game will run fine and the race screens will load - but once it brings up the race screen everything is the same color and all textures are gone. Only the HUD is visible on a pink or yellow screen. Sounds and controls also appear to work fine.

Issue:
Appears to be related to the 377 drivers and the "enable fog table emulation" setting found in the display properties.

Solution:
Go to display settings and in the advance section under D3D you will need to make sure the "enable fog table emulation" setting IS CHECKED. This is probably the default, but some people (like myself) may have it disabled for it's minor speed gain.

I would appreciate if someone running the 377 could confirm or deny this last one. Just turn off your 'fog table emu' and try playing the game once to see if you have the same graphic problems.

Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racing Simulation Forum ] [ texas auto insurance ]